Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jan 20

Jill Derby, Chair of the Nevada State Party, spoke about Nevada’s choice for delegates. She said: “We look forward to our county and state conventions where we will choose the delegates for the nominee that Nevadans support." But Kos claims. “Translation: If this thing is close, "we" party insiders will "choose" for the rest of the state.” I actually agree with what Kos says today. In the case of Nevada, he tells us about how delegates are sent to vote for “the nominee that Nevadans support.” They are not required to vote for the nominee that they pledged to vote for. In a case like this, the “voter” is still open to persuasion, even after the popular vote has been taken. The political system in the US may have become outdated. Maybe not the entire system, democracy seems to have been working out well so far, but certain “little” things.

After this election, I think that we should begin to take a harder look at how our political process works out. This issue wasn’t mentioned in the Daily Kos, but I think it is important. What about the 3rd party? Nowadays, the 3d party has almost no chance of ever getting elected. The entire system is a 2 party system. I’m not saying that I always agree with the 3rd party, the fact is: I don’t know what they stand for. I might vote for them I knew what they had to say. I suppose if I really wanted to know, I could look it up. But the fact remains that the average American wants the politics handed to them on a silver platter. They don’t want to have to go searching for the new issues.


Pending a newer post from “All Things Conservative” I decided to look to a similar conservative blog. But “Little Green Footballs” also failed to meet my expectations. Not only were there a few posts, all the posts contained little useable commentary. I will try tomorrow to find something more useful.

No comments: