Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jan 19

“Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!” The blogger on the “Daily Kos” creates a new holiday on Sunday marking the day exactly one day before Bush leaves office. Apparently, this is no longer a political blog. This blog site has not become a site purely where people bash the current administration.

“Date after date will pass, never to again exist under the dark cloud of this greedy, crony-filled, incompetent, lying, power-mad administration. This fact alone---despite war and recession and constitution-shredding and the knowledge that one year of Bush/Cheney is like 5 human years---will produce a little daily rainbow in my brain. A little spring in my step.”

After reading this quote, which mentions nothing of the policies (except the war/recession), I am stunned. As far as I have heard, this is the worst attack on the administration. I almost fail believe that a person can feel that negatively about the administration. Well, maybe not. But this person has failed to give any reason for this attack, only that the day they leave it to be celebrated with a lot of drinking. It is this type of generalization that bothers me the most.

Because the conservative blog has not posted, yet again, I am left reading the liberal blog. This is quite discouraging. I tend to see myself as a conservative. Yet, day after day I read this “crap.” Occasionally there may be an insightful post, but most of the time it is all slanted irredeemably. There seems to be little that I can take away from my reading.

1 comment:

nateofkandern said...

It can get really frustrating to just listen to people bashing the current administration. i guess its become commonplace so no one notices anymore. I would agree with you on getting frustrated on the blog for not getting anything out of it. There is a lot of junk on some blogs, or lack of anything at all. Some people really don't have anything intelligent to say.